Be a Part of the NEW Program for Teens
Learn, Think, Plan, Lead, Travel, Eat, Laugh…
NOW is the time to join the conversation
Discover your passion
Make connections & Share your strengths
All Jewish identified teens in grades 8 – 12
Lots to learn and do beyond Religious School
FREE Pizza tasting for 1st night dinner!
Choose any or all options
Wednesday Evening Classes at Congregation Beth Israel
(link to schedule down below)
- Approximately every other week from 6:00 – 8:00 beginning September 26
- 1st night FREE pizza tasting dinner
- Trimester schedule (5 sessions per trimester)
- Limmud (core) and Chug (elective) classes & socializing over dinner
- 1st trimester Limmud: “Ingredients for Revolution: Inspiration for Social Change” taught by Cantor Alisa Finemen
- 1st trimester Chug: “Yum! Jewish Cooking for Teens” taught by Paige Weisskirch
- 2nd & 3rd trimester classes chosen by students
- Plan and put-on your own teen generated one-time events
- Periodic Sunday afternoons (12:00 – 1:30) hanging out & planning
- Earn $36 bonus for creating and implementing a pop-up event
- What do you want to do with your friends?
- Be a Teacher Assistant (paid or community service)
- Become a model for younger Religious & Hebrew School students
- Religious School registration not required
- Interested? Contact Louise Riddell-Kaufman at email@example.com
- San Francisco
- 8th & 9th grade trip on December 2
- Contemporary Jewish Museum
- “Lew the Jew & His Circle: Origins of American Tattoos”
- Washington DC
- Tour Washington DC & learn to lobby with other teens from around the country
- Build new skills & share your views with decision-makers on Capitol Hill
- L’Taken Social Justice program, https://rac.org/ltaken-social-justice-seminars
- 10th – 12th grade trip on March 15 – 18
- Cost of trips significantly subsidized
Looks great on college applications!
Potential Community Service hours.
For more links & further information or to register, call (831) 624- 2015.
Click here to download a printable copy of the Aleynu details and schedule.
Click here for the full religious school and youth programs calendar.